General availability for Microsoft Edge
Our first offering on the mabl Labs page - Microsoft Edge - is now generally available! Users in trial, Enterprise, and Growth workspaces can configure plans and ad hoc tests to run on Edge with the enhanced functionality of mabl's Unified Runner.
For more information, check out the changelog.
Flow-level scripts for API tests
You can now write custom scripts for your API tests that run before or after every step in an API test! Flow-level scripts can be useful if, for example, you want to check whether a required auth token has expired or to print out console logs on every step. For more information, check out the changelogs on pre-request flow-level scripts and post-request flow-level scripts.
Ongoing maintenance updates
Check out our changelog to learn more.
Retiring the Legacy Runner for Chrome
The Unified Runner replaces the Legacy Runner for Chrome; the end-of-support phase of the Legacy Runner for Chrome will begin October 28, 2022. Test runs on the Unified Runner are significantly fast and provide consistent test execution between cloud and local test runs.
If you are running browser tests on the Legacy Runner for Chrome, we ask that you migrate your tests to the Unified Runner, which can be accomplished by following these steps.
For more information, check out our guide on the Legacy Runner sunset plan.
Additional static IP addresses
We've added additional static IP addresses for cloud test traffic.
If you use static IP addresses in your firewall, you must add the new IP block to your firewall rules before October 3, 2022. Otherwise, mabl test traffic will not be able to reach your applications under test.
This change only applies to those who use mabl's static IP addresses. To learn more, check out the changelog.
- Resolved an issue related to disabling tests. The team also restored all impacted tests.
- Fixed an issue that caused the values of data-driven variables that were created in the Manage Variables tab or through a Create Variables > Data source step to get updated unexpectedly through flows shared between tests. Learn more.
- Fixed an issue where application or credential variables used in flow parameter overrides were not set with the correct values during test execution.
In the mabl Trainer
- Fixed a regression that prevented the mabl Trainer from opening in a manually set browser path.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the mabl Trainer from loading a test in one environment if the test had been edited using another environment and used a different set of environment variables.
- Ensured that the mabl Trainer imports the correct flow parameters for the branch you are training on.
- Fixed an issue in the mabl Trainer where users were unable to edit text by double-clicking on a step.
- Fixed an error with event listeners that was causing modals in the mabl Trainer to appear blank.
- Resolved an issue where the Trainer only recorded one hover step when the "Record hover" setting was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that prevented visit URL steps from resolving variables that lacked an http or https protocol in Trainer and Unified runs.
In browser tests
- Resolved an issue in which the "Crop screenshot to element" option for assertions would cause steps that relied on mouse position, such as hover steps, to fail.
- If a test step targeted an option in a select element (a dropdown), and all the options had an empty string for the
valueattribute, the test would always choose the first option. We updated the logic so that, if option elements have empty values, the option's text will be used to identify the element instead.
- Resolved an issue where switch context steps were failing because the iframe they were switching from was removed from the page.
- Fixed an issue where a branch could not be merged and would show the following error message "Branch information is out of date."
- Resolved an issue where saving an unedited flow on a new branch would create a new version of the flow. This issue happened if the flow version that was imported wasn't the latest version.
- Ensured that the correct list of flows are displayed on the Branches page and the Branch Details page.
- Fixed an issue that caused merged branches to show an incorrect count for tests and flows on the Branches page.
- Resolved an issue where the Test Details page did not automatically refresh to the latest version on a branch after saving changes in the data-driven variables section.
- Fixed an issue that prevented test steps from appearing on the branched version of the Test Details page.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
Interested in getting monthly updates sent directly to your inbox? Click here to subscribe to the monthly product newsletter.