Set up and manage the GitHub integration for your team, including:
- Adding GitHub checks to commit checks and PRs to review mabl test results
- Creating GitHub issues based in mabl insights
- Creating custom GitHub events based on mabl insights
Running mabl tests as a GitHub Action is configured separately within the GitHub app. See the article Run mabl tests GitHub Action for more details on setting up this feature.
Take the following steps to install the GitHub integration in your mabl workspace:
- Click the Install button on the mabl bot GitHub App page.
- Choose which repositories to install the integration in. If you do not have the permissions to install the mabl bot application, contact a person on your team who has the appropriate permissions.
- Click on the Install button. GitHub redirects you back to mabl, where you can configure the integration.
If you are a member of multiple mabl workspaces, the GitHub integration is installed in your primary mabl workspace. To check or update your primary mabl workspace, go to user settings.
After installing the GitHub integration, you can edit the settings to suit your needs on the GitHub integration page:
Configuring the GitHub integration
- Run GitHub checks on deployment
- Allow manually re-running GitHub checks
- Create GitHub Repository Dispatch events for mabl insights
- Create GitHub issues for mabl insights
If you enable GitHub issues or Repository Dispatch events or for mabl insights, use the insight filters to control which insights are generated. See the article on insights for a complete list of insight types and their descriptions.
The Insight Statuses filter surfaces specific types of insights for which mabl should create a GitHub issue or a Repository Dispatch event. The categories are:
- Alert - high priority alerts, such as failing plans and significant timing increases
- OK - A previous alert returned to normal
- Improvement - An improvement in your application, such as fixed links
- Info - Informational notifications, such as new integrations
Use the Plan labels filter to receive notifications only for plans that have specific labels. When multiple labels are selected, you get a notification if a matching plan is tagged with any of the labels.
Managing the GitHub integration integration
Go to Settings > Integrations in the mabl app and click on the pencil icon to edit GitHub integration settings.
Editing the integration
On the GitHub integration page, you can:
- Enable or disable all core GitHub integration features
- Enable GitHub pull request reviewers to re-run tests from within GitHub
- Control the types of insights that generate GitHub issues or GitHub Repository Dispatch events
Uninstalling the GitHub integration
To uninstall the GitHub integration, you need to remove it from both mabl and GitHub:
Go to Settings > Integrations and click on the trash icon next to the GitHub integration to delete it.
Deleting the integration
Go to Settings > Applications and click Configure next to the mabl bot application. On the mabl bot application settings page, scroll down to the "Danger Zone" and click Uninstall.