A mobile build file represents a specific version of a native mobile application. When you upload mobile build files to mabl, anyone on your team can create and edit mobile tests in the cloud.
This article explains how to manage mobile build files in the mabl app, including how to…
- Upload a mobile build file
- Associate a mobile build file with an application and environment
- Update information for a mobile build file
- Download a mobile build file
- Delete a mobile build file
You may also manage mobile build files using the mabl app-files command in the mabl CLI. For more information on this command, click here.
For more information on exporting mobile build files from your mobile development IDE, read this article.
How to upload a mobile build file
To create and run mobile tests in the cloud, you must first upload a file of the mobile build. To add a mobile build file in the mabl app, take the following steps:
- Go to the mobile build files page: Configuration > Mobile build files.
- Click on + Upload a new build.
- When the system dialogue appears, select the mobile build file you want to upload from your computer.
- Provide a version number for your mobile build file.
- Click Upload.
How to associate a mobile build file to an application and environment
If you want to run mobile tests in plans or integrate them into a CI/CD workflow, you must associate the mobile build file with an application and environment. Go to the applications page - Configuration > Applications - and follow these steps:
- Identify the environment and application to which you want to add the mobile build file.
- Hover your mouse over the area in the table where the application and environment meet. An icon will appear in this space:
- If it is the first application URL for the application in this environment, the icon is a plus sign.
- If the application already contains URLs in this environment, the icon is a pencil.
- Click on the Add file or URL button.
- For Type, select the mobile icon
- Select the mobile build from the dropdown.
- Click on the Save button.
How to update information for a mobile build file
If there is a typo in the build file's name, or if you need to change the version number, click on the pencil icon in the Actions column to update the filename or version number.
How to download a mobile build file
If you want to run a mobile test locally, you can download the build file to your machine. Click on the download icon in the Actions column to download the file.
How to delete a mobile build file
To delete a mobile build file from your mabl workspace, click on the trash icon in the Actions column.