This article explains how to set up the mabl integration for Jira Cloud.
Visit the article on creating and linking issues in Jira.
Before you start
To set up the Jira Cloud integration, you need to gather the following information from the mabl app:
- "Issue tracker" API key - created in Settings > APIs in the mabl app. API key access is limited to workspace owners.
- Workspace ID - found in Settings > Workspace in the mabl app
Install the mabl Jira Cloud app
Visit the Atlassian marketplace listing for the mabl Automated Testing for Jira app to set up the integration.
Only Jira admins, with access to all projects, can install the mabl Jira Cloud app. A Jira project admin or lower does not have enough permissions to set up the integration.
Configure the app
Once the app is installed, click on the Configure button for the mabl Jira Cloud app from the listing or from Settings > Manage Apps in Jira.
Fill in the fields to complete the configuration:
- Name: give the integration a specific name.
- API key: enter the "Issue Tracker" API key from mabl
- Workspace ID: enter the workspace ID from mabl
- Projects: select the specific Jira projects where your mabl workspace should create and link issues
Click on the + Add integration button to complete the installation.
To confirm that the integration is successfully installed, follow steps outlined in this article to create a Jira issue from the mabl app.
Connecting additional workspaces
If you have multiple workspaces in mabl, you can configure your Jira Cloud instance to connect to additional mabl workspaces by taking the following steps:
- Create a new "Issues tracker" API key in the additional mabl workspace
- Get the workspace ID from the additional mabl workspace
- On the mabl Automated Testing for Jira app page, click on the Configure button. Only a Jira admin can add additional workspaces to the integration.
- Enter the configuration information for the additional workspace: Name, "Issue tracker" API key, workspace ID, and Jira project.
- Click on the + Add integration button.