In order to run a test with different DataTable scenarios, you need to first associate the DataTable with the test. DataTables can be associated with new tests and existing tests.
To associate a new test with an existing DataTable, follow these steps:
- Create a new test.
- In the test creation form, toggle on "Show advanced options."
- In the DataTables section, choose one or more DataTables from the list of existing DataTables.
We recommend making sure the "Train with DataTable" toggle is on so that you can instantly use one of the above DataTables to train. For more information on training with DataTables, click here.
- Click on the Create test button.
Associating a new test with a DataTable
The new test will be associated with the DataTable(s) when you save it.
To associate an existing test with an existing DataTable, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the test you wish to associate with a DataTable
- Click on the pencil icon to edit test information.
- In the update Test Information modal, select a DataTable for the test in the DataTables dropdown.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Associating an existing test with a DataTable
When you generate a DataTable from test data-driven variables, the DataTable is automatically associated with the test.