With the mabl integration for Jira Cloud editions, available here, software development teams get the following benefits:
- Capture issue details in Jira directly from mabl test results, including screenshot, DOM snapshot, network activity (HAR) file, and Chrome performance trace from the point of test failure
- Quickly triage a reported issue in Jira thanks to mabl’s comprehensive diagnostics data, including speed index, gathered from every step of the test
- Quickly trace Jira issues to mabl tests and vice versa in both systems
- Attach tests and test results to existing Jira tickets for traceability and test case management
With the mabl integration for Jira Cloud, anyone in your workspace can easily create a Jira ticket in no time
Create a detailed issue with rich diagnostic data in a few steps. The Jira issue created from the failure will also link directly back to the test and run it was created from, meaning validating the issue locally or in the cloud is faster than ever.
Associate mabl tests and test runs with existing Jira issues such as requirements and even custom XRay or Zephyr issue types such as test cases. This lets you keep track of your requirements and tests in a single place outside of mabl so your whole team has visibility. For example, link a mabl test to a Jira issue or XRay test to keep track of which tests relate to what test cases.
Already have your Jira Cloud integration configured?
Visit our doc on creating and linking issues.
You will need to have an
Issue TrackerAPI key in the mabl workspace. You can find this under Settings > APIs page. If your workspace does not have an
Issue TrackerAPI key set up, an owner of the workspace must create one by clicking on the Create API Key button on the top right of the page and selecting the
A Jira admin needs to install the mabl Jira Cloud app. To do this, your admin can visit our Atlassian marketplace listing. On the listing, select the option on the top right to install it.
Jira admin vs Jira project admin
A Jira project admin or lower will not be able to give the integration enough permissions to operate. Only a Jira admin, with access to all projects, can install the extension properly.
- Once the app is installed, click on the Configure button for the mabl Jira Cloud app from the listing or the manage apps page.
- Configure the add-on by filling in a few fields: the name you'd like to give to this specific workspace integration, the
Issue TrackerAPI key you created earlier, the workspace ID of your current workspace (found here), the specific Jira projects you'd like this workspace to create issues to. After that, you'll want to click on the Add Integration button. The page should reload shortly and the table at the top should show your newly created Workspace Integration.
The installation is now complete and users in the mabl workspace can now start creating issues in Jira.
If you have multiple workspaces in mabl, you can easily configure your existing mabl app within your Jira Cloud instance to connect to these without installing another application.
To do so, follow the steps outlined here. The only difference is that your Jira Admin will click "Configure" in Step 2 instead of installing it. From there, you can use each workspace's respective API key and workspace ID to connect them to the central app as shown in Step 4.
Updated 5 months ago