As your test automation strategy evolves, you may need to make changes to your existing set of mabl tests. This article shows you how to manage tests in the mabl app, including how to…
- Change a test's name
- Add test labels
- Disable a test
- Restore a test to a previous version
- Compare different versions of a test
- Delete a test
For more information on editing test steps, click here.
How to change a test's name
On the test details page for the test that you want to update, take the following steps:
- Click on the pencil icon to open the update test information modal.
- Update the Name field to the new test name.
- Click Save.
Updating the test name
How to add test labels
Test labels are useful for defining groups of tests in the mabl app and the mabl CLI.
To add labels to a single test:
- Go to the test details page
- Click on the pencil icon.
- In the update test information modal, select from an existing label or create a new label.
- Click Save to add the new label(s).
To add test labels to a group of tests in bulk, click on Tests in the left-hand navigation and take the following steps:
- Check the box next to each test that you want to add the label to.
- Click on the Add labels button.
- Create or select the label to add.
- Click on the Add labels button to confirm your changes.
Adding test labels in bulk
Bulk actions are not supported for updating or removing labels.
How to disable a test
If a test has an error that requires further investigation, you can disable or "pause" the test to prevent it from running in plans, scheduled executions, or deployment events.
To disable a test, set the On/Off toggle to Off on the test details page.
Disabling a test
If all the tests in a plan are turned off, then the plan cannot run. The Run button on the plan details page appears as grayed out and disabled in this case.
How to restore a test to a previous version
To revert a test to a previous version, click on the History tab in the test details page. Use the version dropdown to view different test versions and the user who saved each test version.
When you identify the version you want to use, click on Save as latest to revert to the previous version.
Reviewing test versions
How to compare different versions of a test
If you are troubleshooting a test failure or just want to see how a test has changed over time, click on the Compare tab to access a full line-by-line diffing view of the changes between two versions of the same test.
Select the versions you want to compare from the Base version and Current version dropdowns.
Comparing different versions of the same test
Click directly into steps to view more details about that step, such as target element details.
Flow versions are tracked separately from test versions. To review changes between flow versions, expand the flow and click on Compare flow to master.
How to delete a test
To delete a single test, click on the trash icon on the test details page.
Deleting a test
You can also delete tests in bulk from the tests page:
- Click on the checkbox for each test you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete button.
- In the confirmation modal, click Delete again.
Recovering deleted tests
If you delete a flow by accident, you can recover it within 30 days of deletion from the activity feed: Settings > Activity Feed.