Use the mabl Bamboo Integration Plugin to automatically trigger mabl plans associated with a specific mabl environment or application to run as a build stage.
With the mabl Bamboo plugin, you can:
- Run mabl tests as a stage in a build plan.
- View mabl test results in a JUnit report
- Save mabl test results as a build artifact
Visit the plugin repo for additional details on configurations and capabilities, to lodge issues, or to fork and submit pull requests. Check out the changelog for details on improvements and fixes added in each release.
To install the mabl Bamboo plugin, follow these instructions.
After installing the plugin, follow the steps outlined in this guide to configure a
mabl deployment task in Bamboo. To configure the plugin, gather the following pieces of information:
- A "CI/CD Integration" API key - API key access is limited to workspace owners.
- Mabl application and/or environment of the plans you want to run
- Optional settings include plan labels and test branches.
If you want to run mabl tests after deployment, you can use the After Deployment Trigger for Bamboo.
Only enabled plans configured to run on deployment are triggered by a deployment event. If a plan is disabled or lacks a deployment trigger, it does not run as part of a deployment event.
After a build plan completes, Bamboo generates a JUnit XML report with mabl test results. To view those results as a build artifact in Bamboo, take the following steps:
- Go to your plan page in Bamboo
- From the Actions menu, select "Configure Plan"
- Under Stages & Jobs, select the job that includes the mabl task
- Click on the Artifacts tab
- Click Create Definition and fill out the form similar to the below image. The path to the report is report.xml. The Location field should stay empty.
Configuring an artifact to capture the JUnit report
Once configured, JUnit formatted test reports are available in the Artifacts tab of the plan run, as shown in the following image:
JUnit test report link on the Artifacts tab of the plan run
Test case IDs in the JUnit report
report.xml includes information about the test case IDs associated with the triggered tests. This report can be used to integrate your mabl test results with a test case management tool. See the article on integrating with test case management tools for more information.
While test case IDs are present in the JUnit report.xml file, the test results in the Bamboo UI do not reveal test case IDs.