- Simply find and click the "New Test" button in the left-hand navigation.
- We'll walk you through the basics. Name your test, and give it descriptions or labels if you wish. Then, add it to a Plan (where you define properties about how often a test runs and other dependencies). There will also be advanced options, such as adding login flows, data tables, and user-supplied credentials.
Basics of new test setup
Advanced test settings
- A new tab will open with the "Ok, train me " dialogue box.
Please be sure to disable any auto-fill applications or extensions when training.
While mabl attempts to capture auto-fill actions, it is best to manually perform each step that you wish to include in the training.
mabl trainer in Chrome window
- Use your application as you would like mabl to test it, be sure to click "Okay, train me!" to begin.
- To add an assertion, click the "Add Assertion" link in the trainer.
- To delete a step, hover over the step and click the "Delete" icon.
- You can replay specific steps with the small play icon in the upper toolbar of the trainer.
- When your test is complete, click "Save". You will be taken back to the test details page.
Example of a test
You can start training a test from any page in Chrome in seconds, all without having to open the mabl app. Just follow the steps below to get started.
- Click the mabl extension in Chrome, located in the top right corner of the browser.
The location of the mabl extension.
- Select the workspace you'd like to add the test to. Be sure to select the correct one, as tests cannot be shared between workspaces.
- Name the test next. You can also give the test a description, although this is optional and can always be added later.
- Click "Start training" to immediately start recording your new test.
- A modal appears confirming that you've started training, just dismiss this as you normally would.
- Start recording your test! Follow steps 5 through 8 in the above section for more information about training with the mabl trainer.
Important information about training from the extension
When using the above method to record tests, be sure to add your test to a plan to run the test. Without being added to a plan, a test cannot run.
A larger mabl trainer can be viewed in the Chrome DevTools panel, allowing you to view more steps and more information about your tests than the standard mabl trainer window. You also can resize the panel to suit your testing needs.
The mabl trainer expanded in DevTools.
When opening the panel, be sure to hide the smaller mabl trainer so it doesn't get in the way.
Information about resizing the mabl trainer in DevTools
Resizing the mabl trainer while in DevTools will affect the viewport of your app when recording tests. Be sure that all elements are still in the correct place when resizing. You should make sure your app has not switched to a mobile format as well, as both may negatively affect testing.
Updated 11 months ago