- Navigate to the Train --> Journeys page in the mabl web app.
- Click the 'New Journey' button in the left-hand side of the window.
- Name your Journey, select (or type to create new) application, environment, and URL, and click the “Let’s Get Started”. You can also Auto-generate a plan as well as add a login flow.
Illustration - journey setup
- A new tab will open with the mabl trainer alongside it.
Please be sure to disable any auto-fill applications or extensions when training.
While mabl attempts to capture auto-fill actions, it is best to manually perform each step that you wish to include in the training.
mabl trainer in Chrome window
- Use your application as you would like mabl to test it, be sure to click "Okay, train me!" to begin.
- To include hover events in your journey, select the check box next to "Record hovers" in the trainer. Warning: This may severely slow your test.
- To add an assertion, click the "Add Assertion" link in the trainer.
- To delete a step, hover over the step under "Captured Steps" and click the "Delete" icon.
- You can replay specific steps with the small play icon.
- When your Journey is complete, click "Save Journey".
Where to locate options to view details, record hovers, add an assertion, delete steps, save and stop training, and cancel training all together.
mabl will only test your journey if you define a plan that includes it. To create a new plan for your journey, simply name the plan, confirm or update the configuration of the plan, and Click "Run" on the confirmation screen, as shown below.