The mabl Trainer supports the ability to track user behavior for menu items that have hovers built into an application. With the following steps, you can easily add hovers into your tests that might involve such interactions.
- Make sure that the mabl Trainer is open in your window.
- Check the option "Record hovers", which is located in the "More actions" menu.
- Once the “Record” button is checked, click on the element of your application that you want to hover on, so the trainer can record it in your test.
- Click all of the other elements you'd like to record in this hover step.
- When you are finished, you can uncheck the record hovers option.
- Continue training the remaining steps of your test.
- If you would like to record any more hovers in your test, repeat steps 2 - 5 above.
- Now, the trainer has saved the steps involving a hover that are recorded in your application.
Initially, some of the ways in which you can incorporate hovers into your tests might include the following:
- Activating drop-down menus
- Displaying "add to basket" options on mouseover, particularly in e-commerce sites
- Scrolling through various product views
- Displaying the price of a product via a hover trigger
- Displaying different views or colors of a product/image
- Zooming into or out of product images
- Providing additional information quickly for users in forms
- Displaying side links or tooltips
In order to delete the steps recorded in a Hover entry, you can simply hover over the steps you wish to delete, and a small "Delete" icon will appear to the right of each step. Clicking on this will delete the step, and you can continue through until all the steps related to a particular instance of a hover are fully deleted.
Updated about a year ago