There are times when training a test where you may want to specify a scenario in the DataTable to validate that it's working. Previously, we loaded the first scenario of the DataTable in the Trainer when a session was launched, but there was no way to specify a different scenario, until now! This change makes it considerably easier to debug and validate test runs/test cases using DataTables.
Specify a scenario at trainer launch
View scenario variable values in the trainer
How it works
Follow these steps to select a specific DataTable scenario for training your browser test:
- Navigate to the Test Details page of the browser test you would like to edit.
- Click on the Edit test button. The Edit Test Configuration modal will appear.
- Make sure the toggle "Populate data-driven variables from a DataTable" is enabled.
- Select the DataTable and specific scenario that you would like to train with.
- Click the Launch Trainer button.
Additionally, launching a training session from a specific test run will load the data table scenario used in the run for easier debugging.
To learn more about using DataTables in your tests, check out our docs.