Users can belong to multiple workspaces within mabl, and multiple users can be part of the same workspace. This article explains how to manage users in a workspace, including how to...
Adding new users to a workspace
Workspace owners can invite new users.
If you want to invite the mabl Support Team access to your workspace, follow the steps outlined in the workspace support access guide.
To add users, take the following steps:
- Select the appropriate workspace in the account dropdown in the top right corner of the page.
- Click the Invite teammates button. If you do not see the Invite teammates button, you are not an owner of the workspace.
- Select a role for the user.
- Click Next.
- Enter the email addresses for the users you want to invite. The email address must be a business email address.
- Click Invite via email (recommended) or Invite via link.
Invite via email
We recommend inviting users by email for the following reasons:
- The new user automatically verifies their email address when they open the invitation.
- Email invitation reduces the changes that a new user accepts the invite with an uninvited email address.
If your invites are sent successfully, you'll see a message telling you so. If any invites are not sent successfully, you can click View list to see a list of users who did not receive invites.
The invited user(s) will receive an email, where they can accept the workspace invitation.
Invite via link
Inviting via link can be helpful in a few specific cases:
- Certain SSO setups where users can be assigned an email in the identity provider but that user cannot receive email. We sometimes see this in companies with development SSO setups.
- If users are encountering issues receiving invite emails from mabl, such as due to aggressive spam filtering
If you choose to invite via link, an invite link will be generated and displayed in the next dialog. You can copy the link and share it with the relevant users.
In the invitations section, the link invite will appear in the table until it expires, along with two possible actions:
- Show - allows you to re-copy the invite link
- Cancel - deletes the invite and invalidates the link
Invite links can only be accepted by allow listed emails and only for the seven-day validity period.
In the app
To view a list of users in a given workspace, visit the team page: Settings > Team.
In the the mabl CLI
To list workspace users in the mabl CLI, run the
mabl users list command.
Optional arguments for this command include the following:
|List users from a specific workspace using the workspace ID.*
|Specify the number of users to return. The default is 10.
|The default output is a table. You may change the output format to "json" or "yaml".