Alerting on critical failures and testing insights in your workspace is critical to minimizing the impact of issues and regressions detected by your automated testing. To assist with this effort, mabl integrates with the tools your team uses to communicate and coordinate, including Microsoft Teams.
Plan information is sent to the selected channel as soon as it happens in mabl.
By configuring mabl to send notifications directly to a Teams channel of your choice, you can:
- Speed up the issue triage response time by setting alerts for critical failures
- Set filters to monitor mabl for the insights your team cares about the most, such as auto-heal, broken link, and visual change insights
- Keep up to date on comments in test output without having to log into the mabl app
This guide outlines how to set up and configure the Microsoft Teams integration.
To set up the Teams integration, add a webhook URL in the Teams channel where you want to receive notifications. The webhook URL is required for the Teams integration setup form in mabl.
The Microsoft Teams integration uses Team's incoming webhook functionality, which allows apps like mabl to send updates directly to a channel. For this reason, you need to have enough permissions in Teams to add a webhook to your channel of choice. If you do not have permissions to add a webhook, you can find someone on your team with the correct privileges.
In mabl, you must be a workspace editor or owner to configure the Teams integration.
Go to the Teams channel where you want to add notifications from mabl and take the following steps:
- Click on ••• (More options) from the top navigation bar.
- Select Connectors from the dropdown menu.
- Search for "Incoming Webhook" and select Add.
- Select Configure.
- Enter "mabl" as the name.
- We recommend downloading this image as the icon for easy identification. Open the link, right-click, and then select "Save Image As" to download.
- The dialog window presents a unique URL that maps to the channel. Copy the webhook URL. You will need this to set up the integration in mabl.
- Select Done.
In the mabl app, navigate to Settings > Integration to finish setting up the Teams integration:
- Find the Microsoft Teams integration card and click on the + Setup button.
- On the Teams setup form, enter the following required information:
- Name: Name your integration something that you can easily identify, such as the name of the channel that it's sending data to.
- Webhook URL: Paste in the webhook URL that you copied from the Teams webhook configuration.
- Modify the Configuration options to suit your needs. For more details on configuration options, see the following section.
- Click Save.
A sample configuration that alerts on plan runs, comments, visual changes, and broken links
After saving, the integration appears in the Active integrations section of Settings > Integrations.
Teams integration on Settings > Integrations
Use the toggles and filters to configure the Teams integration to fit your needs.
- Action buttons in cards: If this option is toggled on, you can trigger failed plans to re-run directly from Teams.
- Plan run passed
- Plan run failed: This option includes a note on the first error encountered during the plan run, who was the last user to modify the test, and when the test was updated.
- Plan run started
- Plan run status changed: This option sends notifications if a plan run passes after a previous failing run, or if a plan run fails after a previous passing run. If the status changes to failing, the notification includes details on the last user to modify the test and when the test was updated.
Configuration notifications for other types of insights:
- Comments: Comments added to the test output page.
- Application broken: Includes insights around home page load failures and auto-login failures.
- Timing: Page load and test execution timing insights.
- Broken links: URL for broken and fixed links
- Auto-heal: Mabl adaptations to find page elements in browser tests
- Visual changes: Insights about visual differences found during test runs. Enable visual change learning on your plans to receive these insights.
- Integration events: Insights around integration events with mabl, such as new OAuth(Slack) integration added, first successful deployment, and first plan execution
Only notify for
Place a filter on the notifications configured in the "Plan notifications" and "Other notifications" sections to surface specific types of insights.
For example, if you want to receive notifications only when a scheduled plan's status changes from passing to failing, toggle on Plan run status changed and set the Insight filter to "Alert." This configuration filters out Plan run passing insights and only notifies you when there is a Plan run failing insight.
Use the plan labels filter to receive notifications only for plans that have certain labels. When multiple labels are selected, you get a notification if a matching plan is tagged with any of the labels.