Important information about using wait steps
All find actions in mabl, including assertions and clicks, will automatically wait up to 30 seconds for the targeted element to appear. There is generally no need to add an additional wait step before an assertion or another find action, unless the element will take more than 30 seconds to appear in your app, or if the element comes into existence without being fully realized. In the latter case, a wait step before the assertion may be necessary as mabl will evaluate as soon as it detects that the target element exists.
- Make sure the mabl Trainer is open in your window.
- Examine the Trainer and hover over the "More actions" button that is represented as three dots.
- Click the button.
- A new screen in the Trainer will appear with various features.
- Find and click the "Wait" button on this screen in the mabl Trainer.
- Two options for adding "wait" and "wait until" steps will appear.
- Select "wait" and enter the desired number of seconds into the text box provided.
Maximum wait time for a wait step is 900 seconds (15 minutes)
- Click "OK" to finish.
- You will be returned to the main trainer page, with the new wait step appearing in the "Steps" box.
Wait until steps can be found in the Trainer by following steps 1-6 in this guide. These steps tell mabl to wait up to 15 minutes for a specific element to be present, allowing you to ensure that your application is in the right state before executing subsequent steps. Wait until steps are less static than wait steps and less rigid than using CSS and XPath queries to find an element. Utilize these steps to specify the timeout and the attributes that mabl should wait for before attempting to auto-heal.
- Follow steps 1-6 above to add a wait until step to your test.
- Click on the cursor to select the element you would like to wait for.
- Select "OK" once finished.
- Select the attributes that mabl should search for and enter the timeout.
- You will be returned to the main trainer page, with the new wait until step appearing in the "Steps" box.
Configure how mabl find elements
Existing steps can also be modified to become wait until steps. Refer to our documentation here for additional information.
Updated about a month ago