mabl has a Deployment Events API endpoint that you can use to trigger tests via API. This is particularly useful for integrating with your preferred CI/CD tools, including Jenkins.
- Click "Settings" in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Locate and click on the "API Keys" tab. In that section, you'll see the API key for your workspace.
- Scroll down to the "Deployment Events API" section. In that section, you'll see instructions and a CURL command builder that you can use to understand the required format to trigger tests via the Deployment Events API.
- Select your target environment and application from the button menus.
- Select and copy the CURL command.
- Open a terminal window on your machine
- Paste the CURL command into the terminal
- Hit Enter
- Confirm that you received a successful response, similar to the following:
- Navigate to the main dashboard by clicking "Monitor" in the right-hand navigation menu.
- Click "Test Status"
- Locate the plan that should have been triggered.
- Confirm that the status is "Running"
- Click "View Output" to view the live output of the triggered test.
Note that new deployment events are also displayed as blue lines on the "Recent Journey Results" timeline chart.