If your workspace contains legacy snippets, we recommend that you convert your legacy snippets into parameterized snippets. The benefits of enabling snippet parameters include:
- Greater reusability: By overriding default parameter values, it's easier to reuse snippets across your workspace.
This guide outlines the steps you can take to convert your legacy snippets into parameterized snippets.
- Open a test that contains the legacy snippet in the mabl Trainer. The step that uses a legacy snippet will show an Unparameterized snippet badge.
- Click on the Unparameterized snippet badge or the pencil icon to edit the snippet step.
- Click on the Edit code button. The Snippet Editor will appear in a new window.
- Click on Enable parameters.
- Identify any variables that come from the
- Convert those variables into parameters.
- Click Run to confirm that the snippet is working as expected.
- Click Save to confirm your changes. When you hover over the snippet step in the Trainer, you should see the parameters.
- Save your test with the newly converted snippet.
Once you've enabled parameters for your snippet, you can override the default value with a current value!
When you enable parameters in the code editor, adding a description of what a snippet does and how to work with its parameters can be helpful for other members of your workspace.
Updated 5 months ago