Users can belong to multiple workspaces within mabl, and multiple users can be part of the same workspace. This guide provides an overview of how to view users in a workspace and invite new teammates.
To view a list of users in a given workspace, click on the "Settings" tab on the left side of the page and select the "Team" tab:
If you are working in the mabl CLI, you can run the command
mabl users list to see a list of users in your workspace.
Optional arguments for this command include the following:
|List users from a specific workspace using the workspace ID.*|
|Specify the number of users to return|
|The default output is a table. You may change the output format to "json" or "yaml".|
- If you are a member of multiple workspaces, you can use this flag with a workspace ID to view a specific user list. When this option is omitted, the command returns the user list from your default workspace.
Users assigned the "Owner" role can manage users for a given workspace.
Inviting mabl support
If you want to invite the mabl Support Team access to your workspace, follow the steps outlined in the workspace support access guide.
To add users to a workspace that you own, you can take the following steps:
- Select the appropriate workspace in the account dropdown in the top right corner of the page.
- Click the "Invite teammates" button. If you do not see the "Invite teammates" button, you are not an owner of the workspace.
- Select a role for the user.
- Click “Next”
- Enter the email addresses for the users you want to invite. You can add multiple email addresses, and copy-paste a list of email addresses.
- Click "Invite via email" (recommended) or "Invite via link"
We recommend inviting users by email as the primary flow for most users, as further steps to verify are not needed while also reducing the chances that users accept the invite with an uninvited email address.
If your invites are sent successfully, you'll see a message telling you so. If any invites are not sent successfully, you can click "View list" to see a list of users who did not receive invites.
The invited user(s) will receive an email, where they can accept the workspace invitation.
Inviting via link can be helpful in a few specific cases:
- Certain SSO setups where users can be assigned an email in the identity provider but that user cannot receive email. We sometimes see this in companies with development SSO setups.
- If users are encountering issues receiving invite emails from mabl, such as due to aggressive spam filtering
If you choose to invite via link, an invite link will be generated and displayed in the next dialog. You can copy the link and share it with the relevant users.
In the invitations section, the link invite will appear in the table until it expires, along with two possible actions:
- "Show" - allows you to re-copy the invite link
- "Cancel" - deletes the invite and invalidates the link
Invite Link Security Restrictions
Invite links can only be accepted by allow listed emails and only for the seven-day validity period.
Updated 10 months ago