When you define a journey using the mabl trainer, you can include assertions that describe logic that mabl should use to confirm that your application is in a correct state at a specified step in a test run.
Important Assertions Information
Currently, you can only add assertions while you are defining a new journey using the mabl trainer. See "Defining a journey with the mabl trainer" for general information on this.
Currently, mabl supports the following assertion types:
- Selected element is present
- The inner text of the selected element:
- Does not equal
- Does not contain
- Starts with
- Does not start with
- Greater than
- Less than
- Greater than or equals
- Less than or equals
- In the mabl trainer window, click "Add assertion."
Where to find the "Add assertion" link within the mabl Trainer.
- Click on the element that you want to include in your assertion.
- Choose your assertion type from the drop-down.
- Complete the additional assertion fields, if applicable.
- Click "Apply Assertion."
- Continue with your training session, if applicable.
A sample of how to alter and apply an assertion.
Important information about specific assertion types.
For more information on specific assertions, please see the "Working with Assertions" section of the documentation for specific examples.