If your Journey is failing because a step doesn't work as intended or runs into an issue, mabl lets you edit your Journey's steps while keeping only the important info: the URL, environment, application, etc.
It only takes a few steps to edit your Journeys:
- Make sure you're on the journeys page, and that you've trained at least one Journey in the past. Note: You cannot edit the two automated tests that mabl creates and runs for each app.
- Notice the checkbox next to each journey. Click on the one(s) you would like to edit.
- Click on the "Edit steps" button at the top of the screen.
- You will be directed to the beginning of the Journey. Simply continue as you normally would through the Journey. If you want to cancel any changes, simple click the "Cancel" button at the bottom of the trainer. Your changes will only be saved if you click the "Save" button.
Use caution when dragging and dropping steps to reorder them. Make sure you're on the correct page when recording steps. Adding steps to the journey from the wrong page can cause the mabl trainer to fail.
You can easily step through parts of your trained tests using the arrow keys, as long as the trainer is "in focus." When the trainer is in focus, it will display "edit" in the upper righthand side of the trainer.
Simply press the arrow keys up or down to move the magenta status bar throughout the trainer journey. Be careful about adding steps in the wrong place, since clicks, entered text, and similar will still be recorded while you're stepping through your journeys as long as you are not in replay mode.
By using the arrow keys to step through your journey, you can add steps just about anywhere. You must be aware of when and where you are adding steps, as adding steps to the journey from the wrong page can cause mabl to fail later on. Always be sure to be on the correct page when recording new steps.
Since mabl allows you to replay each step of your journey with the trainer, it is also used to step through which part of the journey you would like to add your new step to.
Please see the gif below to understand how to properly edit and insert a step using replay.
Steps without edit support
There is currently one step that you cannot currently edit, due to limitations:
- Changing assertions on properties or Variables