Downloading test data
You can download test data for any step in your tests right from the Test Output page to better help you debug steps that may have failed or are not running as expected.
Downloading a HTTP Archive (HAR) file
Mabl supports downloading HTTP Archive (HAR) files for any given step in your tests. These files provide all the network requests made by the application under test during the current step and can be useful when trying to debug network errors that occur during test runs.
When viewing the output on a specific test, click on the "Actions" button above the screenshot. Then, select "Download HTTP Archive (HAR)."
What is a HAR file?
HAR stands for http archive. It is a standard format for exporting http requests made by a browser while interacting with a web site.
The HAR file consists of:
- a client section: contains information about who generated the HAR file
- an entries section: contains an ordered list of http requests. Each entry contains a request, a response, an ip address, a timestamp, and a set of timing information for various components of the request.
- a page section: contains the list of pages loaded along with timing information. Since mabl does not currently capture actual page information this section is NOT informative in the mabl generated HAR file
Mabl does not currently collect reliable page information about which pages the requests occurred on. All pages are labelled generically and all requests are listed under a single table.
Mabl also does not currently collect header or cookie information. These fields will be empty lists in the generated HAR file.
Downloading a DOM snapshot
Mabl supports downloading the DOM snapshot of any step in your tests to give you a better representation of what mabl recorded and encountered at the time of testing.
What is the DOM?
DOM stands for Data Object Model and is the programming interface for HTML. It represents the webpage as a node tree and is helpful in many debugging situations.
To access the DOM snapshot of a step in your test, take the following steps:
- Open the Test Output page for your chosen test.
- Select the step for which you'd like more information.
- Click on the "LOGS" tab.
- Click on the "DOM" tab.
You can also select "Download DOM Snapshot" from the "Actions" button on the right, if you would like to download the snapshot to your computer for further use.
Updated about 1 month ago