We are excited to announce that the mabl desktop app for M1 Macs is now available! This version of the mabl desktop app takes advantage of the performance improvements and speed provided by Apple's M1 chip. By switching to the mabl desktop app built for Apple Silicon, users on M1 macs will notice increases in speed and responsiveness throughout the app experience.
Apple M1 is the Apple-designed chip built and optimized specifically for Macs, providing significant performance improvements for Mac users. Most new Mac computers no longer come with Intel processors, but rather feature different variants of the M1 chip (collectively referred to as Apple Silicon), which use the ARM architecture.
To determine whether your Mac is using Apple Silicon, follow the instructions here. If it is, follow these steps to download mabl desktop for M1 and unlock the full power your Mac:
- Download the installer for M1 macs from the desktop app download page.
- Open the installer once downloaded and drag the mabl app icon to the Applications folder.
- If you already had the mabl desktop app downloaded on your machine, you will see a message saying
An older item named “mabl” already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the newer one you’re moving?. Click Replace to replace the existing version of the mabl app.
- Close the installer.
- On your desktop, right click on the installer icon (mabl logo with name
mabl <version>-arm64and click Eject.
- Open up the new mabl app.
- You will see a prompt with the warning
“mabl” is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?. Click Open to load the app.
You're all set. Buckle up and enjoy the speed!