When testing an application, ensuring the safety of your users’ data and reducing the risk of exposing sensitive data is crucial. To assist with this effort, we’ve introduced cloud credentials.
Cloud credentials are a new type of mabl credential that are recommended for test environments that access sensitive data. Cloud credentials differ from the existing basic credentials in a few key ways:
- Once you save cloud credentials, you can update the password, but you can never retrieve an existing password.
- You cannot train tests with cloud credentials.
- You cannot use cloud credentials for local ad hoc runs.
Cloud credentials are available on mabl Desktop App version 1.34.10. Make sure your app is up to date before getting started.
Only owners and editors of a workspace can create mabl credentials. To create cloud credentials, take the following steps:
- Go to the Credentials page:
Configuration > Credentials.
- Click on the + New credentials button
- In the "Add credentials" form, enter the credential name, username, and password. Optionally, you may add a description.
- Check the "Save as cloud credential" checkbox.
- You may add an MFA authenticator secret code if you plan to use these credentials for an MFA login.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.